WARNING: MAY HAVE AN ADVERSE EFFECT TO AQUATIC PLANTS. IF IN DOUBT DO NOT USE.
Features & Advantages
- Easy to use powder formula. Single application gives long term relief from the duckweed nuisance.
- Drastically cuts down manual labour otherwise required to remove duckweed regularly.
- NBS TASIK is a safe Lake Duckweed Remover use in water bodies with aquatic plants and wild life. The product does not harm filtration systems.
- Duckweed buster prevents de-oxygenation of water due to duckweed infestation.
- Fish could easily come up to the surface in duckweed free waters allowing you full enjoyment of lake and outdoors.
- Duckweed derives nutrition from the water and uses up essential nutrients for its propagation, deteriorating the water quality in the process. NBS TASIK acts upon the existing duckweed growth as well as checks the future growth by absorbing the excessive nutrients essential for the weed’s survival.
- Checks duckweed growth by improving water quality.
How To Use
Add to water to be treated. Repeat after 4 weeks if necessary. Stop treatment when lake is clear of duckweed.
Duckweed is a common occurrence in lakes, ponds or any open water surfaces. Slow moving or stagnant nutrient rich waters, as is the characteristic of common garden ponds, lakes, marshes etc., prove to be perfect host for the duckweed infestation. These small plants resemble young cress plants and are capable of multiplying quickly so as to cover the water surface and cutting out light significantly. Limited sunlight and depleted oxygen adversely affects submerged aquatic lives including fish and plants.
Duckweed infestation is difficult to tackle as it can survive wide pH range. The unwanted plant is able to tolerate cold temperatures of up to -7° Celsius. Duckweed overwinters in the form of turions or seeds, which sink during harsh winters and bloom again with the return of favourable conditions. Therefore, it is important to manage the water quality to avoid repeated duckweed attacks.
The most common way to fight duckweed is to scoop it out daily and keeping the water clean. However, this method proves impractical with large water bodies where large surface of water is covered with the growth of unwanted plants. NBS TASIK provides a simple, safe and effective method to prevent duckweed infestation. This especially formulated duckweed buster works by improving the water chemistry and absorbing the excessive nutrients on which the duckweed survives. NBS TASIK is an easy to use and safe duckweed removal product that places no restrictions on water usage after application. The treated water is safe for the livestock to drink. Although, the product application is not directly harmful for the fish, it would be wise to treat half of the water body at one time. It helps to reduce the amount of dead weed, as the decaying organic waste uses up lots of oxygen.
- Natural lake duckweed treatment, duckweed is starved of nutrients and dies.
- Lake Duckweed Treatment works by absorbing key nutrients essential for duckweed to survive.
- A highly effective treatment safe for visiting pet animals and birds .
- Shelf life of 2 years, 1 Pack - treat 1,000,000 liters.